Sunday, June 14, 2009

Commencement!

Yesterday was the commencement ceremony for the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, which for some reason oversees my major. It's embarrassing to admit, but I got choked up. This makes no sense, because I don't feel as if I have accomplished much by graduating from college. I feel like I still have to prove myself, like there is more to do before I can pat myself on the back. But my emotions did not follow from anything directly related to the ceremony. Firstly, I am a sucker for stirring music, no matter how cheesy it is. Second, I am a sucker for any kind of ritual, which is probably why I was attracted to the fraternity life in the first place. Very embarrassing, especially for someone who supposedly has a technical bent. I'm almost certain that is the explanation for getting choked up. As a side note, the robes you wear for a Ph.D. are much cooler than the Bachelor's degree robes. Kind of makes me want to get a Ph.D. just for that.

Well, anyways, I should get to sleep. I'll write more later.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you big bro!!! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! =)

    I don't think it's abnormal to get choked up at those sorts of things; you've completed one chapter in your life and are now moving on to something new~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Please keep writing about your continuing journeys! And congrats on walking :)

    ReplyDelete